16 January 2015

Beethoven - Phillip Autexier

Image source

Occasionally, I wander over to the non-fiction section of my local library. Sometimes I feel like expanding my knowledge with a little non-fiction. I've always liked Beethoven. My favourite piece of his would have to be the Moonlight Sonata - it's just beautiful to listen to. I thought it might be nice to find out a little more about the man behind the music.

This book was fairly short and included illustrations. Design-wise, it was a little confusing, as there were snippets of information all over the place. Obviously written by someone with appreciation and knowledge of Beethoven's compositions, Autexier combines information about the man and the music very well. Overall, I liked it and I closed the book feeling more knowledgeable about Beethoven and his work.


Book: Paperback. Borrowed from my local library.
Rating: I gave this 3 stars on Goodreads.
One-liner: Sound, short non-fiction piece about Beethoven's life and music. Informative.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...