20 January 2015

The Mystery of Mercy Close - Marian Keyes

Image source
I am becoming a Marian Keyes fan :-)

This one was a little different to what I expected. It was a mystery - not in the Agatha Christie sense, but still, there was something to be solved.

It had all the fun and cheekiness I would expect in a Marian Keyes book. But it also had much more. The protagonist had depression, and Keyes very cleverly lets the reader into her mindset. I actually think I got into it a little too much, as when I finished reading the book, I found myself thinking in ways and exhibiting behaviours that weren't really me. I had to shake it off and snap out of it, to be Francesca again, instead of being engrossed in the book's world.


Book: Paperback. Borrowed from my local library.
Rating: I gave this book 4 stars on Goodreads.
One-liner: Clever Marian. I liked this book very much.






2 comments:

  1. I haven't read her for at least 15 years but when I did I ADORED her style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really like her style too. I've only read a couple of her books so far, but I'll definitely read more in future.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...