02 February 2015

The Five People You Meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom

Image source

This book was intriguing to read. It articulated an interesting view of the afterlife through the main character, Eddie.

One of the concepts I was really drawn to in this book was that the smallest of interactions can have a major impact on the direction a person's life takes, unbeknownst to them.

A couple of quotes I really enjoyed were:

"Strangers ... are just family you have yet to come to know." p51

"Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves." p149


Book: Paperback. Borrowed from my local library.
Rating: I gave this 4 stars on Goodreads.
One-liner: A really interesting way of looking at the afterlife and weaving together the different stages of the protagonist's life.





3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this book too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favourite books of all time! So many wise messages, I must read it again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Francesca! I'm catching up on your blog today. I have heard very good things on this book. I love this quote about anger.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...