15 July 2015

2015 Reading Challenge: Goals and Greatness

Back in February, I wrote a bit of a wrap-up of my 2014 reading adventures. I had hoped to follow this up with a bit about my reading plans for this year ... and it's now July.

The good news is that I have been reading a lot more than I have been blogging!

This year on Goodreads, I set myself a challenge of reading 50 books in 2015 and I'm pleased to say that I'm on track so far. Now before you fall off your seats at the realisation that this year's goal is almost twice the number of books I read last year, allow me to explain.

I've been quite interested in reading some of the books MissyMoo1 (8) likes to read - I'd like to get to know her tastes and talk to her about reading. So I set the goal at 50 with the intention that a decent number of them would be children's novels. So when I say 50, it will probably be more like the equivalent of 30 adult books by the time the year is out!

Setting myself goals for reading can sometimes mean for me the difference between picking up a book and not. And I have read some amazing stuff already this year, so I am grateful for the greatness the challenge has led me to.


www.goodreads.com


Do you set yourself a reading challenge each year?

Are you on Goodreads? Look me up if you are


1 comment:

  1. Francesca I do set myself a reading goal each year. This year my aim is 52 books :-) I wish you all the best for reaching your target.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...